7.9.11

VICIOUS




"I'll die when im 25, and when I do I would have lived the way I wanted to." - Sid Vicious

Sid was born in 1957 - Britain. He was the symbol of punk rock. He began his musical career in 1976 as a member in the band called - In the Flowers of Romance In Febuary 1977 he joined band called The Sex Pistols being the bass player. In that same year Vicious was introduced to the 'lovely' Nancy Spungen a well known heroin addict in New York. The two immediately began a violent, love relationship. It wasn't long after this relationship took effect on the band. Tension took place within the group, until they finally split on the 14th of January 1978. Still the two were madly inlove and continued their relationship. On the morning of October 1978 Vicious had woken from a drug stupor to find Nancy dead on the bathroom floor of their room in the Chelsea Hotel, Manhattan, New York. She had suffered a single stab wound to her stomach and bleed to death. On the 22nd of November in 1978 Vicious was arrested and charged for the murder of Spungen. Vicious had given multiple stories of what happened that night. Vicious was released after his mother paid the $50,000 to bail him out. 10 days after Spungen's death, Vicious attempted suicide by slicing his wrists.

Interviewer: "Where would you like to be?"
Vicious: " Under the ground."

February 1st 1979 when Sid Vicious died from an overdoes of heroin, believed to have been bought by his mother. A poem about Spungen was found in his pocket;


"You were my
little baby girl and i shared all
your fears such joy
to hold you in my
arms and kiss away
your tears but now
you're gone and there's
only pain and nothing
I can do and i don't
want to live this life if I can't live it
for you To my beautiful
baby girl Our love will
never die"
- Sid Vicious

It wasn't until 3 days after Vicious's funeral that his mother found his suicide note in the left pocket of his jacket.

"WE HAD A DEATH PACT I HAVE TO KEEP MY HALF OF THE BARGAIN. PLEASE BURY ME NEXT TO MY BABY. BURY ME IN MY BLACK LEATHER JACKET, JEANS AND MOTOR CYCLE BOOTS. goodybye"
-Sid Vicious

R.I.P. - Vicious&Spungen